Calendar of Events
Jenkintown Sunset 5K Run
Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 7 pm,
USATF Certified # PA13008WB
Welcome to Jenkintown’s 24th Annual 5K Sunset Run.
Enjoy our beautiful beautiful neighborhoods, and celebrate afterwards on our town square.
This year’s run will be better than ever, with live music and chip timing provided by runtheday.com.
Run Benefits Jenkintown Community Alliance programs and the Kiwanis Foundation of Jenkintown.
Kids Dash is for ages 5 and under, and no registration is required. Participants receive a free shirt and prizes.
The run will be held, rain or shine. If you have an old pair of sneakers bring them with you and we will recycle them for you.We have partnered with Jenkintown Running Co. to recycle all donated sneakers.
Also, we are collecting canned food to donate to Loaves & Fishes Food Cupboard, located in the Jenkintown United Methodist Church. Please, consider donating to help those in need.
The race starts and ends on Leedom St by the Town Square.
The Kids Dash starts at 6:45, Runners start at 7:00, and the start for walkers follows.
Are you ready to run the Summit? This challenging tree lined 5k course winds it’s way through the borough of Jenkintown without crossing Old York Rd. Jenkintown residents come out to cheer on our runners and walkers.
- Raffle – Everyone’s entered.
- Gift certificates – Top three finishers, male & female
- Medals for first place team
- Medals for top 3 finishers in each category
- Early Registration: $26 (2/16-5/16)
- Pre- Registration: $31 (5/17- 5/28)
- Team Early Registration: $88 (2/16-5/16)-up to 4 people per team
- Team Pre- Registration: $92 (5/17-5/28)-up to 4 people per team
- “Day of Race” Registration, $35
- Kids 12 and under, $16
- Kids Dash 5 and under, free (no registration required)
- No “Day of Race” Team Registration Allowed
- No processing fees charged!
All participants will receive a free commemorative T-shirt while supplies last and will be automatically entered in the post-race raffle for door prizes. Registration packets can be picked up race day, starting at 5:00 pm. When you register online, make sure to indicate your correct shirt size. Otherwise, the registration form defaults to medium.
To register click on this link
04-10-2014 19:01:30 Posted by: Stuart Tollen